Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Perfect Life- Chapter 1, The Big Game

Ok, we’re at a penguins game, and we got front row seats behind the Pens bench! We’re sitting right by Veronique, and we didn’t even know it!!! Any way, while we were waiting for the game to start, she said to us, “So, who are you rooting for?” Us- “The Pens, why else would we be here at a Penguins game if we were rooting for the Kings?” V- “I don’t know. What player are you rooting for?” Me- “Do you want all of them?” V-“What ever.” Me- “Marc-Andre’ Fleury, Nolan, Matt Bradley, Rico Fata, Ryan Malone, Brian Holzinger, Sebastian Caron, Brooks Orpik, Drake Berehowsky, and Martin Straka.” V- “That’s cool.” U- “So, who are you rooting for?” V- “I’m rooting for Marc-Andre’ Fleury. Did ya know that he’s my boy friend?” Us- “No.” Right then, Marc- Andre’ skates up and says, “Hey Veronique! Uh, who are they? (In his hot accent.) V- “They’re really, REALLY good fans of yours and of the teams.” MAF- “Cool. Hey girls, meet me out of that section. I have 2 people for you to meet.” Us- “Ok.” Me- “Move it Miss Prissy Toes! I’m going to go see my boy friend. Whoops! I mean your boy friend.” So she moves out of the way and we go to the place where Fleury told us to meet him. Right when we got there, Marc- Andre’ Fleury was walking down the walkway with Edzo and Le Poop. MAF- “Hey girls. This is Edzo, our team’s head coach. And this is Mario, the team’s captain. Guys this is… uh… um… U- “I’m Kailey, and this is Amy.” E/L- “Hello.” MAF-“So, a couple of days ago, I saw you 2 girls practicing, and you two looked pretty good. Us- “Thanks!” MAF-“ Well, I was wondering if… well, if you two could play in the NHL on the Pgh. Penguins.” Us-“Totally!” MAF-“Edzo? Mario? Is it ok?” L- “Sure.” E- “It’s a good idea, but I have to see them practice, and play every position before I come to a decision.” Me- “But we have to ask our mom first.” E- “That’s a good idea. Just so you know, we can meet with her only tonight because we have a practice tomorrow in the morning,” Me- “Awesome. We’ll tell her.” MAF- “Cool. But we have to go. The game is going to start soon.” Us- “Ok.” So while we go to our seats, I call our mom. (RRRIIINNNGGG.) Mom- “Hello?” Me- “Hey mom.” Mom- “Sup?” Me- “We just ran into Marc- Andre’ Fleury, and he had Edzo and Mario Lemieux say that we could be on the team. So I called you to see if it was all right. Mom- “I have to talk and meet them, and I have to talk to your dad about it.” Me- “Ok. Edzo said that the only time that he could meet you was tonight after the game. Is that ok?” Mom- “Sure.” Me- “Cool. Thanks Mom! Love ya! Bye!” Mom- “Love ya too! Bye.” I hang up and we sit down. V- “So, what did Marc-Andre’ want to talk to you two about?” You- “Nothing. He just wanted us to be on the team.” Me- “I bet he hasn’t asked you to be on the team.” V- “No, but are you his girl friend?” Us- “No, but we are going to get a lot of money if we’re on the team.” V- “So what??!!!” She was all mad at us, and she ignored us the whole first period. The SLU for the pens was: # 29 in goal, #82 @ C, #44 & #55 @D, and #12 and #8 @ LW/RW. At the end of the first period, the score was 3-0 pens. The goals were made by #55 assisted by #’s95 & 29, #82 assisted by #’s 8 & 15, and #15 assisted by #’s 44 & 9. During the intermission, Veronique was all mad because she thought that we were going to steal her bf. We were all makin’ fun, like if we got on the team we would date Fleury and then we would get married to him and stuff. It was really cool. While there was still time, we went to go get food and go to the bathroom and stuff. Then we went back to our seats and talked the rest of the intermission. Then the game started again. That was cool. At the end of the 2nd period, the score was 5-0 pens. The goals were made by #82 assisted by #71 and #9 assisted by #55. During the 2nd intermission, we practically did the same thing as the first. Then the 3rd period started. #7 got a 5 min. major! (Eww. Harsh!) At the end of the third period, the final score was 8-0 pens! The goals were made by: #82 (got his first hat trick of the season!) assisted by no one! #71 assisted by #’s 19 & 9. the Mellon 3 stars were:
3. #9 on the Pgh. Pens
2. #29 on the pens (for his shut out)
1. Tonight’s 1st star and player of the game, #82 from the pgh. Pens! We waited for some of the people to leave the Mellon Arena. Right then, Edzo comes up and talks to us. E- “Hey girls. Did you talk to your mom yet?” You- “Yep!” E- “What did she say?” Me- “She said that it was ok.” E- “Ok. Well do know where the bus is?” Us- “No.” E- “Well, how about I go check if everyone’s done showering, and then I’ll meet you tow at the front of the arena. Us- “Sounds good.” So he goes and checks up on the team and we get our stuff and go to the place where Edzo told us to meet him. About 5 minutes after we get to the place where Edzo tells us to go. E- “Hey, sorry I took so long.” You- “That’s ok.” We go to where I parked my car and Edzo gets into the drivers seat and drives us to the bus. So we went down to the bus. Then Edzo gets out of the car and I got into the drivers seat. E- “Is everyone ready?” The Team- “Yes.” E- “Then lets get on the bus, and lets go!” So the team got on the bus, and Edzo waved for us to head on home. On the way home, we talked about how if we got on the team what would happen. You- “So, what position(s) do you wanna play if we’re allowed on the team?” Me- “I wanna play either goalie, center, or defense.” You- “Cool.” Me- “What about you?” You- “I either wanna play center or defense.” Me- “Awesome.” We talk and listen to music the rest of the way home. When we’re about 20 minutes away from the house, you call mom because I am kinda driving, You call the house and the answering machine picks up. Am- “Hello. Brad and Vicky aren’t home right now. If you leave your name, number and a short message, we’ll get back to you. BEEEEEEP!” You- “Hey mom, its Kailey and Amy. We’re about 20 minutes away from the house. Just wanted to tell you that, Love Ya! Bye!” As I said, we talked and listened to music the rest of the way home. We get home and walk inside. Me- “MOM? DAD? WE’RE HOME!” Right then, mom and dad come running. You call for Edzo and Mario. They all say hi to each other. Mom- “Well, lets go and talk all of this over in the back. Shall we?” Dad- “I’ll be there in a minute. I have to get some stuff.” Then the whole team and us go inside and spread out into the living room and dinning room. We, of course, sit by all of the HOTT people on the team. We’re talking to Fleury and he gave us some pointers. MAF- “So, if you’re allowed to be on the team, what positions do you girls want to play?” You-“I either want to play center or defense.” MAF- “That’s cool. So, what positions do you want to play Amy?” Me- “I wanna either play goalie, center, or defense.” MAF- “That’s cool and all, but if you lose a game, everyone says it’s your fault because you lost.” Me- “Oh, really??? Well, I think I can handle it.” MAF- “Well, if you need any help, I’ll be glad to help.” Me- “I’ll surely keep that in mind. Thanks!” MAF- “No prob.” Well, lets go back to mom and dad. You whisper to me- “Hey, shouldn’t we go to the meeting to find out what’s going on?” Me- “Ok.” So we go into the breakfast nook. Mom- “Oh, hi girls.” Us- “Hey.” Me- “So, what’s going on?” Dad- “We were just talking about you. What do you think about being in the NHL?” You- “I think it’s totally cool!” Me- “I think that it would be totally awesome! But I think that you two are mad that we are going to have a job that is successful and we would get sooooooooo much money than you would ever make in your life!” Dad- “Why I otta!” Mom- “But what if your team loses, how would you two feel?” You- “We’d feel ok about it, Plus Marc-Andre’ Fleury gave us some tips. We’re totally cool with it. So, can we be on the team?” Mom- “I’ll have to see the contracts before I even come to a decision.” E- “Lucky for you, I brought their contracts…” When right then, Fleury and Caron walk in, C- “What’s happenin’?” Me- “They’re looking over our contracts to see if they agree with any of it.” MAF/C- “Ohhhhhh.” MAF- “Can we stay?” You- “Uh, sure. But if they come to a decision, DON’T TELL ANYONE!” Me- “We wanna tell them.” Mom- “Well these look to be ok.” Us- “So, are we on the team?” Mom- “Sure,” Right then, you, me, Fleury, and Caron scream with delight. Then we go into the walkway between the living room and dinning room. Then we go about 1/4th of the way up the steps so everyone could see us. You yell- “CAN WE HAVE YOUR ATTENTION PLEASE? WE HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE!!” Me- “ Our parents agreed that we could be on the team!” Everyone screamed and congratulated us. Then Edzo told us that we had to be at the Mellon at 10:00am for a meeting. So we had to be in nice clothes but bring clothes to practice in afterwards. Everyone left the house. Then we went to bed. We were way too excited to go to sleep, but somehow, at about midnight, we found a way.

1 comment:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

I have to say that we used to be really lame...but the story is making me laugh. I like it.