Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Perfect Life- Chapter 5, Our First Game

I get up at 9:00 am and do stuff. You’re still asleep. The phone rings and I pick up the phone. Me- “Hello?” MB- “Hi. Is Kay there?” Me- “No Matt, she’s still sleeping. Do you want me to leave her a message?” MB-“I just wanted her to know that I’ll be at the game tonight, and good luck.” Me- “Anything else?” MB- “Yeah. Good Luck Amy.” Me- “Thanks Matt.” MB- “No problem. See you later!!!” I hang up and you come down. U- “Who was that?” Me- “Matt. He left you a message, here.” You read it. U- “Thanks.” Me- “No prob.” We go and eat breakfast and studied for our Bio Test. We can only think about tonight. Me- “Screw this! Lets go practice! This is going to be our FIRST NHL game in our LIFE!!!” U- “You’re right.” So we get our gear on and we practice. You shoot at me at every angle possible… I stop every one. We practice till noon. We go inside and take showers. Right when I’m going to get into the shower, John calls. Me- “Hello?” J- “Hey, its me.” Me-“Hey. What’s up?” J-“Nothing. I just wanted to say Good Luck and I’ll be there at the game, cheering you on.” Me- “Thanks. Um….. Hey can I call you back in about 45 minutes? You called right when I was going to get a shower.” J- “Ok. Talk to you later!” Me- “Bye baby.” I take a shower and call John back. Its time for lunch. We eat lunch and then we just sit back and be bums for about 3 hours. I take a nap and I have NO idea what you’re doing because, DUH! I’M ASLEEP! You wake me up and we get our stuff to go to the game. While I’m looking for the keys, you call all of our friends and tell them to come to the game or at least to watch it. I finally find my keys and we leave. We get there just in time for pre-skate and pre-pep talk. The game is about to start and Matt and John come down to wish us luck and give us a kiss to remember! (This is when Drake and Straka are still on the team!!!) The SLU was me in goal, Ryan and Surovy at wing, Drake and Brooks at Defense, and Rico at Center. In the first period, it was 2-0 Pens. The goals were made by You from Eric and Bradley. The second goal from Drake by Brian and Me. In the second period, we scored one goal… AN OPEN NET!!! It was from Tarnstrom, unassisted. In the third period, we didn’t score at all. The final score was 3-0 Pens. The three stars were, third- Ryan, second- You, and first- Me (it was because of my shutout!)

1 comment: